Dear Members of the Retirees’ Association,
Due to the increase of coronavirus diagnoses around the world, additional precautionary measures are being taken by the IDB Administration. Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, access to the Headquarters building will be restricted, and therefore, we will not be able to access our physical branch location from that date until further notice. Please note that the Credit Union will remain OPEN through virtual channels and ATM networks, and our staff will be working remotely to continue serving you during this period.
During this time we are taking certain temporary measures to facilitate your banking experience, such as:
- Increasing the daily withdrawal limit on ATMs from $500 to $1,000
- Waiving the limit for electronic transactions from your Savings Account imposed by Regulation D: Transactions that exceed the Regulation D limit of six (6) electronic transfers or withdrawals from a savings account per calendar month will not be automatically rejected or processed with a fee. While this is a regulation that applies to all financial institutions, we are aware that by being forced to telework members may not have access to make transactions other than electronic transactions.
As a reminder, last week we have permanently waived the International Transaction Fee on your IDB Global FCU Debit Card. Members are no longer charged a 0.9% fee for using their debit card outside of the U.S.*
We also appreciate your patience as we receive a higher than normal volume of incoming calls, and would like to remind all members that our staff is also available via email:
- For questions regarding Mortgages and Loans, please contact [email protected]
- For questions regarding Debit Cards, please contact [email protected]
- For all other matters regarding your accounts, please contact [email protected]
At this time, we strongly recommend and encourage our members to leverage all of the available tools and resources for self-service banking and 24/7 account access through our mobile, online and call center services:
1. Use our Online Banking platform: Check account balances, manage your mortgage, transfer funds to internal and external accounts, request domestic and international wires, pay and manage bills, review your monthly account statements, order personal checks, view check images, update your contact information, request a travel notification for your debit card, apply for new account or debit card, apply for a loan or check the status of a loan application, request stop payments on personal and cashier checks, access Money Management, obtain secure email support and set up alerts.
Not an Online Banking user yet? If you haven’t enrolled to Online Banking, please complete this form with the information we have on file to get started.
2. Use our Mobile Banking app: Check account balances, transfer funds to internal and external accounts, review your monthly account statements, deposit checks, order personal checks, view check images, apply for a new account, apply for a loan and view your loan balances, access Money Management, search for free ATMs, and set notifications of withdrawals, deposits, payments and balances.
3. Access your Online Visa Account: Check credit card account balances, make payments and review your monthly account statements.
4. Use our Mortgage Center: Apply for a mortgage, check the status of a mortgage loan application, refinance a current loan, review standards and regulations, use mortgage tools and resources and contact our lending specialists.
5. Search for free ATMs where you can make deposits: As a member of the CO-OP Network, IDB Global Federal Credit Union extends our members access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the U.S. and Canada. Just look for the CO-OP Network logo on participating ATMs or use our CO-OP Network locator to find an ATM near you.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak situation closely, and as conditions evolve, we will evaluate additional measures to support our members and the community.
As we navigate the challenges ahead, know that we will always strive to keep you informed as quickly as possible. We are prepared to push through these challenges with you, with the safety of every member of our Credit Union family at the forefront of every decision we make.
Thank you for your understanding and your trust.
IDB Global Federal Credit Union
*Currency exchange fee will still be charged at 0.2% as per our schedule of fees.