1300 New York Avenue, N.W., Stop W-0424
Washington, D.C. 20577
Telephone: +1 (202) 623-3035
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Beginning January 1, 2023, Cigna Healthcare will replace Aetna as the medical, dental, and vision administrator for all members who live in the U.S. or Puerto Rico. Express Scripts will continue to be the administrator for prescription drugs received in the U.S. or Puerto Rico. Member should keep using their current Express Scripts ID card.
Cigna Global will be the administrator of the medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefit plans for all members residing outside the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Medicare de P&A Group Reimbursement
(for international retirees 65 and older, residing in the United States)
Address: P&A Group – Flex Department
Attn: IDB Reimbursement Account
17 Court St, Suite 500
Buffalo, NY 14202
Teléfono: +1 (844) 852-2611
Fax: +1 (855) 362-7711
The Medical Benefits Mobile Web App features information about all the components of the Program. You do not need credentials or passwords to access the Medical Benefits Mobile Web App. It contains no personalized data, and you can access it anywhere you have an internet connection, such as a doctor’s office or drug store.
Our main goal is to promote the health and well-being of our plan members.
The IDB Health Program provides coverage for medical, dental and vision for IDB Group Retirees and their eligible dependents. The plan is self-funded. The IDB and plan members’ contributions are placed in a fund for the sole purpose of paying members’ medical bills. The IDB Group pays third-party administrators, Cigna Healthcare and Cigna Global, administrative fees to process claims and access their networks of credentialed providers.
We want all participants to get the care they need under the Program. But we do ask that when you are using the Program, you (and your dependents) make prudent choices that save you money and support the financial sustainability of the Program. That way we can all help keep premiums and coverage levels as stable as possible. Easy ways to do this include:
- Actively managing any chronic conditions you may have to keep them from becoming more serious, such as taking your medications and following instructions from your doctor.
- Take advantage of the preventive care coverage offered by the Program.
- Select generic over brand name drugs, if available and approved by your doctor.
- Engage case management nurses when they contact you about a serious or complicated medical issue.
- Choose in-network health providers when possible, particularly in the US. In-network rates mean a lower copay for your and significant savings for the Medical Program.
- Choose telemedicine, urgent care facilities (UCFs) or retail clinics (e.g., CVS Minute Clinics) instead of the emergency room (ER), when appropriate.
- Consult Teledoc Medical Experts if you have a serious condition. With Teladoc Medical Experts, you can have an expert doctor review your diagnosis and treatment plan, and ask basic medical questions, so you and your doctor can review your options at no cost to you.
- Insurance Benefits Office: Telephone: +1 (202) 623-3137; e-mail: HRD/INS@iadb.org
- Raquel Lopez (NW-463): Telephone: +1 (202) 623-1637; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Macarena Pardo Berbel (SE0546) Telephone: +1 (202) 623-2500; e-mail: email@example.com
- Carmen Sanabria (NW-465) – Medicare: Telephone: +1 (202 )623-3137; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Retirement Plan Office:
Address: 1300 New York Ave, NW, Washington, D.C. 20577
Office: SE 539 Stop E-507
Phone: +1 (202) 623-3560
Fax: +1 (202) 623-2177E-mail: VPF/SRP@iadb.org